Wednesday, February 23, 2005

Nothing beats 1 on 1 training

Excellent practice today with K. Noone else showed up so I could work with him all night.

Interestingly enough, I got a great training out of it, attacking with more and more intensity, I was able to check myself and make sure I kept good form. Repetition is good. I guess there's never too much of it. I wonder if I make the class too varied and they need more routine and repetitions...? I'll experiment next class.

Did a lot of oji/shikake waza. Actually focused a lot on debana and suriage, but did some kaeshi + hiki waza. He seems genuinly overwhelmed by all the new stuff I'm unloading on him, but I think from time to time, it's good to give out candy ;-) Could hardly find anyone more willing to learn than him, so it's all good!