Sunday, February 20, 2005

Slacking

I've been slacking a lot from this blog recently, as my head was busy with work considerations. Thank god Kendo's there though, or I would've ended up mad by now. It's amazing how Kendo has given me a sense of purpose this past year... There's been a lot of ups and downs (mostly downs really) and routine and regularity hasn't been part of my life in a long time. Besides Kendo of course, I'm so thankful for that. It gave me so much to hang on to, that I'll give back forever. Now that I think of it, I used to live for Kendo when I started, at University, in 1989. For at least 4 years I practiced 3 to 4 times a week, sometimes more all around town. Although I didn't feel at the time I was doing it because I was looking for some structure, in retrospect, my life was pretty screwed up then so maybe I needed Kendo as much as I need it now.