Wednesday, April 06, 2005

Boring class...

Yesterday's class was somewhat boring. I was planning on doing 1hr
kata, then 1hr keiko, but as always, there's so much work to do for
kata that we ended up spending most of the class doing just that. I
find that the new bunch are pretty bad at kata compared to the
previous guys. I'l not sure why... They've been practicing ipponme for
at least 5 hours so far and still can't hold and swing the bokken
properly. Perhaps it's because I don't give them the same amount of
attention. Or perhaps and more likely because the new guys don't have
the opportunity of the mirrors. That in itself could explain the
problem.

And there's this guy with heavy attention deficit... it's not even
funny. He just can't stand still and unable to do the same thing twice
in a row without screwing up. He's getting on my nerves so I have to
cool off. But how can someone be so bad ?!? It's unfortunate because
he's actually got a good body and strength, and seems to want it, but
he just can't process instructions in a logical manner. Odd...

Otherwise, the atmosphere is very good and all the guys are regularly
attending now, maybe the foundation I've been dreaming of is slowly
happening.