Saturday, January 15, 2005

Commitment part 2

Again a disappointing turnout today. Only A and a new guy (who came to watch last week and signed up today). Sent sms to some guys to see if they were coming so they could pick me up (car wasn't doing so good). Got late replies of the kind "euh, sorry didn't know there was class". Getting tired of lame excuses and lack of effort to find out. As if I should be the one reminding them ... And they always say "I'm sorry" which I find absurd, since I don't really care whether they show up or not: it's really too bad for them. Is it that they haven't been bitten by the bug yet and I'm expecting too much or is it that they're just not the type (is it cultural ?).


The new guy is on the old side (44) but surprisingly natural and in good shape. After only 2 hours he's got decent footwork and shomen suburi. Not shy either about kiai. I hope he stays. He's another sword fanatic so we'll see... On the other hand, he is in the same professional field as me so a good contact to have.