Sunday, July 16, 2006

Kendo trip to Venezuela

Leaving for the second leg of the Venezuelan Team selections with E, J & H. E will be participating mildly due to a recent operation although we'll see him beat up a few guys by the end of the weekend. J is going to participate in the "goodwill" tournament and try for his shodan. He'll probably get it without trouble, but he'll also be reminded by a few that he just started his kendo journey. H is still not ready for bogu, much work needs to be done on his footwork and tenouchi before that happens. It will be a great experience for him that should be very good for his progress.

For my part, I'm just going there to have some fun and meet old friends. I need some challenge and I know I'll get it there. Just two and a half days though, but it should be a lot of fun and action, as it always is...