Tuesday, December 21, 2004

Accreditation in T&T

I recently registered the name "Kendo Federation of Trinidad & Tobago"
at the company registry, I'm about to finalize the thing and register
it as non-profit. In the meantime, I just spoke with some guy at the
Ministry of Sports who tells me there's no accreditation process,
unless my activity is recognized under one "Martial Arts" governing
body. Ugh, this is going to be ugly...

Historically, Karate has been the main thing here and now with 3 or 4
different federations/associations and lots of politics involved, the
government is waiting for them to "clean up their act" before it will
talk. I know most of the Karate guys, and they probably know me by
now, it's just that I'll have to be involved in their mess...

So now I guess I'll focus on getting us known internationally (in Japan mainly).