Wednesday, May 23, 2007

Invitation to VZ (MCBO)

Invited by AG to practice with them for a whole weekend. We've been talking about this for a long time but we never got to organize ourselves and when we finally decided we postponed a few times. It DOES require some amount of planning on my side, as such a trip (to the extreme end of Venezuela) takes some time, and time is not something I have much of these days.

I'm going there with the assumption that they're asking me to give classes and train them as I do in T&T. This may be a wrong assumption but I'm going with that in mind and we'll see...

I wasn't able to have much communication with A, which means that there's no formal practice plan. 1 practice Friday, 2 Saturday, 1 Sunday. That's all I know so far, no idea of who's showing up and what level. As far as my past observations go, we're going to have to do a lot of kihon, kirikaeshi and work on other fundamentals such as "straightness". I know etiquette is going to be an issue, as the mcbo guys somewhat suffer from a lack of it...

Check out the pics: http://kendo.ipmtt.net/event/maracaibo-training/